YouTube is undeniably one of the most popular sites for social networking and sharing videos. With over a billion users and growing, it’s no surprise that many people want their YouTube channel to start strong and get many views.
- There are 2.6 billion YouTube users around the world right now.
- India has 467 million active YouTube users, more than any other country.
- Eight out of ten people who use the Internet watch videos on YouTube.
- YouTube is the second most popular search engine, after Google. It is bigger than Bing, AOL, and Yahoo.
- Given these numbers, it shouldn’t be surprising that people and businesses want as many people to watch their YouTube videos as possible.
But how do you do well with your YouTube marketing? How to get as many YouTube views as possible? In this guide, we’ll show you how to get more people to watch your videos on YouTube.
Read our blog 5 Tips for Making Great Landing to attract more customers and help business to increase their landing page conversion rates.
13 Ways to Get Maximum Views On YouTube Videos
There is no one answer to this question that works for everyone. How many people watch your YouTube videos will depend on things like the topic, production value, length, and how you market them.
But if you get more views, you can also make it more likely that new viewers will find you. This is important for growing your channel and making money on YouTube.
Still, there are a few things you can do to improve your chances of getting more views. Here are 15 tips that you can use:
1. Create Titles That Will Grab Readers’ Attention
No, we’re not telling you to write clickbait. Instead, focus on making titles that accurately describe the content of your video while also being creative and interesting enough to make people want to click.
Your video’s title should tell people what it’s about. But it should also be short, sweet, and to the point.
Make sure to include keywords that people might use to find your video on YouTube. It will help people find your video when they search.
2. Include a Custom Thumbnail in Your Post
Adding a custom thumbnail can help get more people to click on your video, which will lead to more views.
Thumbnails are small pictures that show people what your video will look like. By default, YouTube gives you a selection of thumbnails that are picked at random. But we recommend that you upload a custom thumbnail to make your video look more professional and trustworthy.
3. Make a playlist of videos
Playlists on YouTube are a great way to keep your viewers interested in your channel and give them the chance to check out new content. You can make a playlist of almost anything, like a collection of your favorite songs, a group of videos with the same theme, or a set of how-to guides.
4. Use the End Screens button.
Adding an End Screen is another way to get more people to watch your YouTube videos. An End Screen is a feature on YouTube that lets you promote other videos on your channel or on other websites in the last few seconds of your video.
You can use an End Screen to promote up to four videos, playlists, or channels on YouTube or link to an approved website. You can also encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel and link to your merchandise.
First, you need to confirm your account.
Once you’ve done that, you’ll see the option to add an End Screen when you create a new video or edit an existing one.
5. Engage with your Audience
Asking your audience what they want to watch is the best way to get more people to watch your YouTube videos. For example, if you have a tech channel, you can ask your viewers what devices or software they want you to review.
If you have a cooking channel, you can ask your viewers for fun YouTube challenges or ideas for recipes. The key is to listen to what your audience wants and give them what they ask for.
You can ask your audience questions in your video or through the “Community” tab on YouTube. In either case, make sure you ask your audience regularly what they want to see and then give them what they want.
You can also do this with social media. For example, you could add a question tab to your Instagram story and ask your followers what kind of videos they want to see. There are also polls you can use on Twitter or Facebook.
On the one hand, the feedback you get from your audience helps you set SMART goals for your digital marketing. On the other hand, it gets more views because it gives the audience what they want.
6. Allow Embedding
When you let people embed your YouTube videos on other websites, they can do so if you let them. It helps spread the word about your YouTube channel and lets you reach more people with your videos.
Here’s how to turn it on:
Go to Creator Studio.
Go to where you can change the video.
In Advanced Settings, go to Distribution Options and check Allow Embedding.
If you allow embedding, people who like your videos can put them on their own websites, which can help you get more views. Let’s say you have a YouTube channel where you talk about gadgets.
If you allow embedding, a tech blog might put one of your reviews of gadgets on their website. It could help you get more people to watch your channel who might be interested.
7. Use Influencer Marketing
Earth Web data showed that there are between 3.2 and 37.8 million influencers on YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram around the world. That’s why influencer marketing is becoming more and more popular, especially on social media.
To get more people to watch your YouTube videos, you can make an influencer strategy. Here’s what you need to do.
- Imagine that you are a lifestyle brand that sells clothes and things for the home. You want people to watch your YouTube channel.
- The first thing you need to do is find the right people to influence. Let’s say you want to work with three people who have between 50,000 and 100,000 followers. Or, you can use micro-influencers to reach the niche market.
- Your next step is to pitch your idea to the people who have a lot of power. You can offer to pay them or give them something else, like free products or services, to make up for it.
- These people have a lot of followers and likes on social media sites like Instagram and TikTok, where they can write about you. For example, they can put links to your affiliate videos in their Instagram stories.
- This will let their followers know about your channel and get them to watch your videos. You can also ask the influencers to talk about you in the videos they make for YouTube.
- Influencer marketing is a way to reach a wider audience. So both you and the influencers will benefit from this.
8. Use the Best YouTube SEO Practices
You’ll only get more views if you’re at the top of the search results. You need to step up your YouTube SEO game to do that.
Here are some good things to do:
- Keywords in Titles and Descriptions: When people go to YouTube, they type in keywords or phrases to find the videos they want to watch. You want your video to come up when those words are typed in. So put them in the title and description of your item. Keywordtool.io is a great tool that can help you find the right keywords for your videos.
- Annotations: You can add notes to your videos that show up at certain times. These can help direct people to do things like subscribe to your channel or check out your website.
- Thumbnail: When people find your video in the search results, the thumbnail is the first thing they see. So make sure it’s something that gets people’s attention and shows what the video is about.
- Tags: Tags are like keywords for your videos. They tell YouTube what your video is about and can help it show up in search results.
9. Collaborate with Other YouTubers
Mashups, interviews with other creators, and guest appearances are all great ways to get more views and subscribers on YouTube. When you work with other YouTubers, you can reach new audiences and get your channel more attention.
For example, if you make videos about pop culture with commentary, you could reach out to a YouTuber who makes similar videos and ask if they’d be interested in doing a crossover video with you. You could also be a guest on someone else’s channel or let someone else interview you for their show.
10. Create a Giveaway
What’s better than getting stuff for free? By giving something away, you can get more people to watch your YouTube videos. It’s a great way to get people interested in your content and to get them involved with it.
Give something away that fits with your brand and helps you get to know your audience better. If you are a vlogger who often gets asked what kind of camera you use or how you set up your lighting, you might want to put together a content creator kit with your best stuff and give it away.
You can make the rules as easy as liking a video, leaving a comment, and subscribing to your channel. Alternatively, you can make the entry requirements more interesting by giving your viewers creative tasks to do.
Make sure to spread the word about your giveaway on all social media sites to get as many people as possible to take part. You can also work with other YouTubers whose audiences are similar to yours to reach even more people.
11. Channel Optimization
Getting the most out of your YouTube channel depends on how well you optimize it. You can’t expect to draw people in and keep their attention if you have bad information or a bad design. Here are some ways to make your channel better:
- If you’re a business or brand, use your logo as your profile picture.
- Set a banner image that is relevant and shows your most recent campaign, product, or event. It should be at least 2560 pixels wide and 1440 pixels high. With the tools we have today, even people who aren’t designers can do amazing things.
- Have a description that has a lot of keywords and tells people what to expect from your channel. YouTube only lets you use 1000 characters, so use them wisely. Use keywords and make sure the description gets to the point.
- Add links to your website and your social media pages.
- The key is to fill out your “About” section so that people who might watch your channel know what to expect. To keep people interested, you need to post regularly and on a regular schedule.
12. Select the Appropriate Time to Publish
You can now find out when your viewers are watching YouTube by looking at the “When your viewers are on YouTube” report in your YouTube Analytics.
With this info, you can figure out when the best time is to post your video. Make sure you post videos when your viewers are most likely to be online to get the most views.
13. Write down what’s on your YouTube videos
You might not see everything because you don’t speak the same language or because you have a disability. The best thing to do is have your videos transcribed. You can use a free and open-source web app like oTranscribe to transcribe your videos.